Sunday, November 2, 2008

23 Things - #12

Familiarized myself with Rollyo, then registered, and created a searchroll. This is a pretty cool site, and it did bring back a big list of search results within my searchroll web sites. However, I did not feel that it saved a great deal of time, and am not sure that searching within the dozen or so sites individually would be any slower in bringing me to valuable information. On the other hand, it may be that old searching habits die hard.

Tried also the Rare Book Library Search roll with decent results. The Amazon and LOC databases associated with Library Thing seem more likely to produce information and existence evidence of rare book titles better than Rollyo. Not sure this site really kept my interest enough to use regularly, but I will keep it bookmarked.

No comments: